Saturday, September 13, 2008

Sensible Shoes Sisterhood

You’ve heard of the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, well, I belong to the Sensible Shoes Sisterhood. This is what my friends and I call our monthly lunch gatherings. I had never watched Sex in the City, one because we don’t have HBO and two because it isn’t listed on the list of approved television shows for a woman of the cloth; however, once the show started coming on TBS, I saw the advertisements and a few snippets of the show. The women are of course ridiculously beautiful, no offense ladies, but most of us don’t look like that, and rich, and quite honestly, a little sleazy. Anyway, I started hearing references to Manolo Blanicks (sp), and other shoes that cost more than my monthly car payment. Since there are four of them, and four of my crew, I thought we needed a name. Of course, the sex and the city girls didn’t really fit us, so I looked down at our feet one day outside of Logan’s Roadhouse, and it hit me! We’re the Sensible Shoes Girls! We’ve been calling ourselves that ever since, well, one of the husbands suggested that we be sisters instead of girls, and since we are all looking very closely at one side or the other of fifty, sisters it is! We get together for lunch as often as well can, wearing our sensible shoes of course, and instead of cosmos, we drink sweet tea or soda. The conversations are no less scintillating; I wonder if TBS would be interested in us?

No comments: