Thursday, December 11, 2008

Where did those auburn highlights come from?

I am having a hair crisis. You know how you have a picture of yourself in your mind? In my mind I was blonde, then dirty blonde, then light brown with blonde highlights. (If I ever get my old pictures scanned, I can show you the blonde part, oh yeah.) So, as I have aged, ahem, my hair has gotten darker, and now that I am probably 30% gray, very mousey. I don't like mousey. I would like to be Paula Deen gray. Right now. A couple of months ago we had to have our picture taken for our new church directory. I wanted my hair colored, but didn't have $100 to blow, so I went to Ulta and picked out a DIY color kit. Everything went fine, the picture was fine, but I noticed that in a certain light I had auburn highlights that I couldn't see in my bathroom mirror. This irritated me greatly, no offense to anyone with red hair, I just didn't have or want red hair......then, you know how it is when you think you know yourself and then wham! Outta the blue! The last time I was at my mother's house I was looking at our senior pictures on the wall when I notice.....you guessed it, auburn highlights in my eighteen year old hair that had never been colored..........darn, I do have red hair.

No comments: