Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Holiday Garland Carolina Style






















Holiday Garland Carolina Style

This was such a fun project. I wouldn’t have thought of this without the inspiration of the “Nester”. Thanks so much for hosting this “Show us your garland” day!

I used four strand of cheapo garland from Michaels for $1.99 each, and one full strand of grapevine that I already had. The center angel is actually a tree topper from Southern Living at Home (previous life).

I also added magnolia leaves and pine cones from my yard and fresh sprigs of sage and rosemary from my herb pots. I love birdhouses so had to have one on the mantel with some ornamental balls and feathers.

I filled this hurricane from Crate and Barrel with copper, gold, and silver ornaments to pick up the colors in my ribbon.

I followed the Nester’s advice and kept adding until I could barely fit another thing. I used every dried thing I had on hand. The last touch was a perfectly shaped seashell.

And that’s my garland, Carolina style.

5 comments:

Denise K. said...

Very pretty! I like your hurricane filled with the pretty gold and brown bulbs! You did a great job! :-) Merry Christmas!

The Nester said...

I really like what you did with your garland and mantel and birdhouse and angel--it all looks great!

Jacob said...

The ornaments look great in the jar! I might try that next year!
Merry Christmas!

-Kim
www.foreverwherever.com

(Ignore the gecko -- my son uses this account and I don't know how to get rid of it!)

Decor To Adore said...

Oh I love your garland. It's so lush and pretty. Absolutely adorable!

Erika said...

Love the angel! Looks beautiful!