Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving


It is hard to believe that this year is almost over. We've had our dinner, ham, turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, and turtle cheesecake....then we took a little walk through the cemetery. I couldn't believe how many other people were there! I put some poinsettias on my father's grave as well as Nick's grandmother's grave. I don't always remember, but this should be a good day for honoring those that gave us life.


This year my "thankful" list consists of simple things:

not meeting my deductible on my health insurance

my part time job

having too much to eat

the price of gas this week

someone else's house to visit on Thanksgiving

Nick, as always

God's eternal presence


As we enter the season of advent, take care to be mindful of the Christ child. The next couple of weeks are going to be crazy busy, take time to pray and reflect on the greatest gift of all!


God bless.

No comments: