Monday, September 15, 2008

Someday my princess will come...I hope she's wearing a Molly Maid outfit!

The other day I spent several hours straightening my living room. How large is this room, you may ask. Not very large at all. First I looked over the room and decided to return all the orphan items to their proper homes. This was my first mistake. I have a habit of hanging my purse on the staircase rail. Here’s my pink elephant Vera, love that one, and my straw summer Brighton, oh, and this little black Vera I had just carried to a funeral. Why is this one here? I haven’t carried it in two months. I gather all my purses and carry them into the bedroom to put them away. Oh, wait a minute; I should put in a load of clothes before I start. What is in these purses, they’re so heavy. Maybe I should clean them out before I store them. I’d better make the bed so I have a smooth surface on which to work. I cleaned out all my purses and I found three dollars, a roll of quarters, fifteen pens, three tubes of hand cream, one Burt’s Bees lip balm, and a book of checks for an account I closed three years ago. Oh, the washer has stopped. Dump the clothes in the dryer and start another load. Back to the bedroom. I keep my Vera Bradley bags in a plastic bin in my closet. I put all of those back in and find a purse I‘d like to carry for a while, so I keep that one out. Then I start pulling down the Brighton storage boxes. One falls and hits me on the cheek. My face is bleeding, so I grab a tissue and sit down until it stops bleeding. While I’m waiting I read a couple of chapters in Digital Fortress. Back to the living room, but first I dump the clothes from the dryer onto the bed. I fold them and put them away after I finish putting away my purses. Then I go into the kitchen to help Nick make a rub for the tenderloin he’s grilling for supper. We decided to eat lunch. After lunch I look at the clutter in my living room. That’s when I decide I need to rest a while and read my email. This is my never-ending story…….

No comments: